A boot jack, sometimes known as a boot pull, is a small tool that aids in the removal of boots. It consists of a U-shaped mouth that grips the heel of the boot, and a flat area to which weight can be applied. To operate it, the user places the heel of the boot in the mouth of the jack, stands on the back of the device with the other foot, and pulls his foot free of the front boot. The process is then repeated to remove the other boot.
The boot jack has several advantages over the removal of boots by hand. By allowing the wearer to pull his foot straight up and out of the boot, and by using his full body weight to hold the boot in place, far greater leverage and a much more secure grip are possible than can be achieved with the hands. In addition, the wearer is spared the inconvenience of having to bend over or sit down to remove the boots, or directly handle them if they are dirty.
The function of the boot jack can be approximated with a variety of other objects that may be on hand, ranging from a convenient piece of furniture to a rifle butt, but these generally cannot remove the boot as easily as a proper boot jack. An adequate naturally occurring bootjack is formed by the base of cabbage palm Sabal palmetto leaf and these leaf bases are consequently called bootjacks. Additionally, the sole of a boot still being worn can also function as an improvised jack, but the wearer using one foot to remove the opposite boot often lacks proper leverage to successfully remove a snug-fitting boot, particularly a tall boot.
- ARIAT BOOTJACK – Here is a well-built boot jack to go with that new pair of Ariat boots you just bought.
- WOOD – Solid wood gives it a rustic look, yet keeping it strong enough to use for years to come
- EASY CLEANING – Boot jacks can get pretty dirty on the ranch, just give it a quick rinse now and then.
- COMFORT – A cut-out designed to fit any heel and make it easy to take off any boot
- Red rubber grip inlay bumper removes boots and shoes easily without having to bend over
- Tapered slot design fits all boot and shoe sizes and shapes
- Serrated scraper edge for cleaning off the bottom of your dirty, muddy boots and shoes
- Red rubber grip inlay protects your boots and shoes, preventing scratching and scraping
- Great for Farmers, Construction, Elderly, Disabled & those with Back or Hip Pain who can not bend over easily
Esschert Design Cast Iron Bootjack: CLICK FOR LINK
- Durable Cast Iron
- Take off your boots with ease
- Classic design